Friday, May 30, 2014
Star Date: 30 May, 3014
Happy Birthday Jemini! Star Captains: Get your Seasonal Rare Jemini Hologram from the shop in Soluna City and display it on your starship.
Star Captains: Permanent Version Of Strider Now In SC Club!
I would like to thank you personally for upgrading to Star Captain and for your support of MechQuest. This game is so important to me, and it's because of your love of the game that we are able to keep providing updates. Not myself alone - the entire MechQuest team!
<bzzizz> Incoming Transmission: Ash <bzzt>
Greetings! Something I've wanted to do for a while now was get back to doing the monthly SC release. I'm going to be doing something each month now, maybe not a mech each time but something to thank you guys for your support.
This month Blues and I wanted to do something really special to kick it off, so we decided on doing the very first SCEM, the Strider. We didn't want to just copy the old one with nothing changed so Blues re-statted it as an offensive mech with a LOT of firepower.
FA/BA - CD= 1
- Each use buffs damage by 25%, either arm. Caps at 200%
- Applies a 1.5x HP and EP DoT, either arm. Every additional use of either arm buffs the DoTs by .5x. Caps at 4x.
FS/BS - CD=3
- Hit 1: 25% damage
- Hit 2: 35% damage - Damages enemy EP with hit's damage.
- Hit 3: 45% damage
- Hit 4: 55% damage - 15% chance to heal 50% of hit's damage.
Hd - CD=5
- Self Boost BoT, +10, per turn, for 4 turns.
- +25 BtH for 4 turns.
- Enemy Boost NoT, -7, per turn, for 5 turns.
Bd - CD=4
- Hit 1: 20% damage, (if hit hits) Nerf enemy immo res by -30.
- Hit 2: 25% damage, (if hit hits) + 25 BtH for 4 turns.
- Hit 3: 30% damage, (if hit hits) Nerf enemy immo res by addition -60.
- Hit 4: 40% damage, (if hit hits) Disables head when equippable.
- Hit 5: 60% damage, (if hit hits) Attempts to stun.
You can pick it up now in the shop with the other perm versions of the SCEM's. (They are in the Star Captain Club on the second floor.)
Also last week we had the Memorial Day shop. I didn't get the stats to Mae in time for a DN so here they are now!.
Memorial Day Mecha Models
FA- 3 turn CD
Nerfs immores (immobility resistance) by -50(-55/-60) and attempts a stun.
Rolls for a chance to do a 2 turn energy regen halt.
BA - 3 turn CD
If at least one of the hits connects.
- 3 turn 1.5 (2/2.5)x HP DoT
- 3 turn enemy damage nerf of -30(-35/-40)
FS/BS - 2 turn CD
- Damage increase per use, stacks using either shoulder.
- +10% damage up to cap of +50% extra damage.
- Stacking enemy Bonus nerf. -8(-9/-10) per use, either shoulder, up to a cap of -50 Bonus.
HD - 3 turn CD
- Stacking Boost buff. +8(+10/+12) per use up to a +40 cap.
BD - 5 turn CD
- 4 turn defense buff of 40(45/50)
- Rolls, heals a small amount. (Between .011 and .11 of max health. Max of 76 at level 50)
Hopefully you liked them. Next year will have a different set of effects! Enjoy the new mechs!
Thank you, Ash!
I also meant to mention that we have a couple of new bughunters on the www.Artix.com /bugs end of things now. Big thanks to kasama999 (many of you will recognize him from our forums) and Dragrinn for assisting Gianna Glow and the MQ team in hunting down and confirming the bugs you report to us. "We Aim To Be Gremlin-Free!" (TM)1
Have a great weekend, everyone!
1(Not really TM)2
2(It might be a good idea to TM this)3
3(Eh let's just squash all the bugs and not worry about trademarking a silly phrase...)